In this laboratory, we are studying the mechanism of regulation of ion channel proteins as the cause of cardiac arrhythmias and various neurological diseases.
Disease-related genetic mutations are being discovered in large quantities with the help of the latest genetic analysis technology. On the other hand, there were few results of disease-related functional studies on the discovered gene mutations.
This research team can realize “from bench to beside” by establishing a framework for developing new therapies and clinical applications related to ion channel diseases by identifying various ion channel regulation mechanisms in the cell membrane and searching for and validating candidate substances that can control them. We are conducting basic and clinical integrated research.
As a research method, various techniques such as patch-clamp technique, microfluorometry, and confocal microscopy are used for brain neurons and heart cells of mice.
1. Lee, Seul-Yi, Tuan Anh Vuong, Hyun-Kyung So, Hyun-Ji Kim, Yoo Bin Kim, Jong-Sun Kang, Ilmin Kwon, and Hana Cho. "Prmt7 Deficiency Causes Dysregulation of the Hcn Channels in the Ca1 Pyramidal Cells and Impairment of Social Behaviors." Experimental & Molecular Medicine 52, no. 4 (2020): 604-14
2. Kyung-Ran Kim, Seung Yeon Lee, Sang Ho Yoon, Yoonsub Kim, Hyeon-Ju Jeong, Sanghyeon Lee, Young Ho Suh, Jong-Sun Kang, Hana Cho, Suk-Ho Lee, Myoung-Hwan Kim and Won-Kyung Ho, 2020: Kv4.1, a key ion channel for low frequency firing of dentate granule cells, is crucial for pattern separation. Journal of Neuroscience
1. Hyun-Ji Kim, Bok-Geon Kim, Jong Eun Park, Chang-Seok Ki, June Huh,Jae Boum Youm, Jong-Sun Kang and Hana Cho, 2019: Characterization of a novel LQT3 variant with a ive efficacy of mexiletine treatment. Scientific reports
2. Ji Hyun Baek , Jung-Yoon Heo, Maurizio Fava, David Mischoulon, Kwan Woo Choi, Eun Jin Na, Hana Cho, Hong Jin Jeon, 2019: Effect of Korean Red Ginseng in individuals exposed to high stress levels: a 6-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Ginseng Research
3. Seul-Yi Lee, Tuan Anh Vuong, Xianlan Wen, Hyeon-Ju Jeong, Hyun-Kyung So, Ilmin Kwon, Jong-Sun Kang and, 2019: Methylation determines the extracellular calcium sensitivity of the leak channel NALCN in hippocampal dentate granule cells. Experimental & Molecular Medicine (EMM)
4. Myong-Ho Jeong, Hyeon-Ju Jeong, Byeong-Yun Ahn, Jung-Hoon Pyun, Ilmin Kwon, Hana Cho and Jong-Sun Kang, 2019: PRMT1 suppresses ATF4-mediated endoplasmic reticulum response in cardiomyocytes. Cell death & Disease
5. Hyeon-Ju Jeong, Sang-Jin Lee, Hye-Jin Lee, Hye-Been Kim,Tuan Anh Vuong, Hana Cho, Gyu-Un Bae, Jong-Sun Kang, 2019: Prmt7 promotes myoblast differentiation via methylation of p38MAPK on arginine residue 70. Cell Death& Differentiation
6. Jae-Rin Lee, Jong-Yoon Lee, Hyun-Ji Kim, Myong-Joon Hahn, Jong-Sun Kang and Hana Cho, 2019: The inhibition of chloride intracellular channel 1 enhances Ca2+ and reactive oxygen species signaling in A549 human lung cancer cells. Experimental & Molecular Medicine (EMM)
1. Jae Gon Kim, Young-Eun Leem, Ilmin Kwon, Jong-Sun Kang, Young Min Bae, Hana Cho, 2018: Estrogen modulates serotonin effects on vasoconstriction through Src inhibition. Experimental & molecular medicine
2. Jung-Hoon Pyun, Hyun-Ji Kim, Myong-Ho Jeong, Byeong-Yun Ahn, Tuan Anh Vuong, Dong I. Lee, Seri Choi, Seung-Hoi Koo, Hana Cho, Jong-Sun Kang, 2018: Cardiac specific PRMT1 ablation causes heart failure through CaMKII dysregulation. nature communications
3. Kim H, Choi KW, Na EJ, Hong JP, Fava M, Mischoulon D, Cho H, Jeon HJ, 2018: Anxiety attacks with or without life-threatening situations, major depressive disorder, and suicide attempt: a nationwide community sample of Korean adults. Psychiatry Res
4. Choi KW, Na EJ, Fava M, Mischoulon D, Cho H, Jeon HJ, 2018: Increased adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) levels predict severity of depression after six months of follow-up in outpatients with major depressive disorder. Psychiatry Res
5. Baek JH, Kim K, Hong JP, Cho MJ, Fava M, Mischoulon D, Chang SM, Kim JY, Cho H, Jeon HJ, 2018: Binge eating, trauma, and suicide attempt in community adults with major depressive disorder. PLoS One
(Tel) 031) 299-6114,