Ion channels and transporters, Intracellular Ca2+ signaling
Channelopathy of hearing loss (KCNQ4 channelopathy)
Cardiac arrhythmias, hERG assay and cardiotoxicity
Ion channel drug discovery
Muscle Physiology (Cardiac muscle, Smooth muscle, Skeletal muscle)
Nano-bionics and artificial muscles
1. Nanoscale imaging of rat atrial myocytes by scanning ion conductance microscopy reveals heterogeneity of T-tubule openings and ultrastructure of the cell membrane. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. (2020) 24(6):529-543.
2. Deficiency of Anoctamin 5/TMEM16E causes nuclear positioning defect and impairs Ca2+ signaling of differentiated C2C12 myotubes. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. (2019) 23(6):539-547.
3. Whole-exome sequencing identifies two novel mutations in KCNQ4 in individuals with nonsyndromic hearing loss. Sci Rep. (2018) 8:16659.
4. Biomolecule based fiber supercapacitor for implantable device. Nano Energy (2018) 47:385-392.
5. Optogenetic modulation of urinary bladder contraction for lower urinary tract dysfunction. Sci Rep. (2017) 7:40872.
6. Bio-inspired hybrid carbon nanotube muscles. Sci Rep. (2016) 6:26687.
7. Positive feedback control between STIM1 and NFATc3 is required for C2C12 myoblast differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2013) 430(2):722-8.
8. Enhanced actuation of PPy/CNT hybrid fibers using porous structured DNA hydrogel. Sensors and Actuators B (2010) 145:89-92.
9. Fullerene attachment enhances performance of a DNA nanomachine. Adv. Mater. (2009) 21:1-4.
10. Loss of autophagy diminishes pancreatic beta cell mass and function with resultant hyperglycemia. Cell Metabolism (2008) 8(4)318-324.
11. Multiple transport modes of the cardiac Na+/Ca2+ exchanger. Nature (2004) 427(6974):544-548.