Acinetobacter baumannii&160received very little attention until the 1990s. Since its low virulence, it was not considered as a pathogenic bacteria. During the 21st&160century, the infection rate had been increasing for patients with weak immunity, especially in the intensive care units. This bacterium was also of great concern due to its strong antibiotics resistance. Although colistin had not been used because of its nephrotoxicity, it has been reintroduced to treat multi-drug resistant Gram-negative pathogens, including A.&160baumannii. Due to its unfamiliarity for some time, the antibiotic resistance of colistin was relatively low however, recent reports have shown that the resistance rate has been steadily rising. The research on colistin resistance and its resistance mechanism is actively being conducted and several genes associated with the resistance have been discovered. Then, we proved the resistance gene candidates by comparing the whole transcriptome between colistin-susceptible and &8211resistant A.&160baumannii&160strains with further analyses.
1. Variation in the formation of persister cells against meropenem in Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteremia and analysis of its clinical features. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease 2019 95(3): 114853.(Corresponding author)
2. Bacillus-dominant airborne bacterial communities identified during Asian dust events. Microbial Ecology 2019 78(3):677-687.(Co-author)
3. Colistin heteroresistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates and diverse mutations of PmrAB and PhoPQ in resistant subpopulations. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2019 8(9):1444.(Corresponding author)
4. Lytic transglycosylase contributes to the survival of lipooligosaccharide (LOS)-deficient, colistin-dependent Acinetobacter baumannii. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2019 25(9):1156.e1&82111156.e7.(Corresponding author)
5. Prophages enhance resistance to antibiotic stress in a blaNDM-1-carrying bacterial host - Authors’ reply. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2019 54(2):267-268.(Corresponding author)