Notice of application for suspension of graduate school’s M.S.-Ph.D. integrated courses (2022-2)

GSBMS Date 2022-08-31 오후 9:13:46 Inquiries 432

1.      Eligibility: Students enrolled in or completing the integrated M.S.-Ph.D. program at our university and wishing to obtain a M.S. degree after giving up on the integrated M.S.-Ph.D. program

 Students who have obtained a M.S. degree after giving up on the integrated program are not eligible for re-entry to the same degree program


2. Application period: 8.29.(Mon) 09:00 ~ 9.6.(Tue) 23:00

 You can apply after paying tuition for the second semester of 2022.


3. How to apply:  GLS>Application/Qualification Management>Apply for suspension of the integrated M.S.-Ph.D course (* the names for GLS session would not be same with the notification)

 When applying for GLS, the department head/advisor must sign and upload the confirmation (refer to the attached form)

 However, if it is difficult to obtain the signature of the department head/advisor after visiting the school due to COVID-19, etc., it is possible to capture an email stating that the department head/advisor has confirmed the application for renunciation and upload it as an attachment.

4. Note: If a foreign student abandons the integrated course, the student will be "excluded" at the time of completing the four semesters of the masters program and completing credits. Therefore, after the end of the 4th semester, from the point of being expelled from registration, you cannot stay in Korea any longer, and you cannot extend your visa.

Therefore, you must leave Korea immediately after the end of the 4th semester, and after leaving the country, you must receive guidance on the thesis from the professor and proceed with the thesis review online.  If you submit a masters thesis later, you can be awarded a masters degree.

5. For other inquiries, please contact the Academic Call Center (1811-8585) or the administrative office of your university.